Your church wants to impact lives, helping people know Christ and engage them through Christian discipleship. The way you can accomplish this is through YOUR MARKETING PLAN.
As your church leaders invest time, energy and prayer into this process, you will create a workable plan that takes the unique church God has created you to be and connect you to the people He has called you to reach.
What is Church Marketing?
"Marketing is the process of the church identifying and meeting or contributing to the spiritual, community (sense of belonging) and service needs of its neighbors and surrounding neighborhood."
Overcoming Your Fear of Flying
Why Should Your Church Create a Marketing Plan?
- To fulfill your church's God-designed calling and purpose.
- To prosper and grow in the areas where God has uniquely gifted your church.
- To improve how you communicate with and impact the people you want to reach for the Kingdom.
- To be good stewards of church resources (time, energy, money, people, facilities), ensuring they are working together for your church to be most effective.
Who is Involved?
The Marketing Plan Coordinator is a staff or lay person recruited by the Lead Pastor to lead and coordinate details for this process. He/she will keep the MASTER copy of YOUR MARKETING PLAN.
The Marketing Plan Team is made up of church leaders who will carry out the homework and action steps to develop YOUR MARKETING PLAN. In smaller churches, this may be the Lead Pastor and Marketing Plan Coordinator. In mid-size churches, it could be a team of five to seven. And, in larger churches, up to 20 people. Consider including the following people on the team:
- Communications Coordinator
- Evangelism Chair
- Outreach Chair
- Age-level Coordinator nearest to your target audience (as this become clearer throughout the process)
- Discipleship Chair
- Trustees (if appropriate)
- Volunteers gifted in marketing and communications