KidzQuest 2017 : September 22-24
KidzQuest is an annual fall weekend retreat for 3rd-6th grade students at Epworth By The Sea on St. Simons Island. Sponsored by South Georgia's Connectional Ministries, KidzQuest offers a chance for children to take a break from school, spend time with friends, worship with church groups of all sizes and hear about the HOPE we have in Christ's unfailing love. Free time has been scheduled in to allow for groups to enjoy the island as a part of the programming.
Registration is CLOSED until July 2017.
Payment is required at time of registration in order to be complete. Registrations received without payment will be considered PENDING and payment must be received within 7 days or registration will be dropped. Space is limited to the first 500 complete registrations. Deadline is September 13, 2017 or until event fills up.
If your group needs individual information forms to be filled out by each student and returned to your church's retreat coordinator, that form can be found here.
The cost for the retreat is $130 per person and includes meals, cabin lodging, insurance, tshirt and programming.
Resources for Church Leaders
- Adult Leaders Guide - available in all packets upon arrival as well as online here closer to the event.
- Church Time - There will be two opportunities, about 45 minutes each, to debrief with your group about what they are learning and how to apply that to their daily lives. Resources are available to help plan for this time; however, feel free to tailor this time to best fit your group of kids.
- Devotions - Each child will receive a booklet containing devotion guides for both Saturday and Sunday mornings. These will be in church packets at registration.
- Pre-Arrival Checklist
- Register group online and make sure payment is received within 7 days.
- Print off, fill out and have Pastor sign Safe Sanctuaries Form.
- Collect and keep all youth medical forms and insurance information with you.
- Give participants a list of What to Pack.
- Make plans for when and where late arrivals will meet.
- Confirm transportation arrangements.
- Conduct a KidzQuest orientation meeting at your church for parents and/or chaperones.
- Cover objectives, schedule, procedures, financial obligations, expectations, honor code, and the consequences for violations.
- During the Event Checklist
- Check-in group at the Brown Center between 6:00-6:30pm Friday night.
- Check on health and well being of children. Make sure all are fully participating in activities.
- Arrive to sessions, workshops, meal times and other scheduled activities on time.
- Have at least one adult from your group participate in orientation before the first session Friday night.
- Distribute cabin keys, devotion guides, etc from the Welcome Packet.
Safe Sanctuaries Compliance
Adult chaperones are provided by each church group attending. A 1:6 chaperone/camper ratio is required and both genders must be represented in chaperones if represented with campers.
KidzQuest is a Safe Sanctuaries compliant event and all adult chaperones must be certified. Please include the following Safe Sanctuaries form with registrations. Only one form per group is needed. Click here to download the Safe Sanctuaries form.
Participants at KidzQuest will be sleeping in the cabins at Epworth By The Sea. All beds are twin size. Participants will need to bring their own bed linens and towels (see What to Pack). In most cases, multiple church groups will be assigned to each cabin.
Friday, September 22
For more information, contact Event Coordinator Suzanne Akins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Connectional Ministries (912) 638-8626.