KidzQuest is an annual fall weekend retreat for 3rd-6th grade students at Epworth By The Sea on St. Simons Island. Sponsored by South Georgia's Connectional Ministries, KidzQuest offers a chance for children to take a break from school, spend time with friends, worship with church groups of all sizes and hear about the HOPE we have in Christ's unfailing love. Free time has been scheduled in to allow for groups to enjoy the island as a part of the programming.
1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
and put their trust in him.
Registration is CLOSED. Event is FULL.
Payment is required at time of registration in order to be complete. Registrations received without payment will be considered PENDING and payment must be received within 7 days or registration will be dropped. Space is limited to the first 500 complete registrations. Deadline is September 16, 2016 or until event fills up.
If your group needs individual information forms to be filled out by each student and returned to your church's retreat coordinator, that form can be found here.
The cost for the retreat is $130 per person and includes meals, cabin lodging, insurance, tshirt and programming.
Jesse "The Juggler" Joyner
Jesse Joyner is a master juggler and a captivating storyteller. Having experience as a children's pastor, he's adept at teaching the Gospel in levels of understanding that are fun and memorable, albeit unusual. Jesse's routines are engaging and often rely on audience participation and find relevant, meaningful ways for children (and adults) to learn about God's kingdom and plan.
Brandon Rushin as "Hey Ya"
KidzQuest's favorite emcee is back again to thrill audiences with his candy throwing, music thumping, chair standing, high energy antics that will get us started at each of our worship sessions. It will be loud, guaranteed fun for children (and adults!). Brandon "Hey Ya!" Rushin always points kids to Christ and does so in an interactive way that engages the audience through his different characters.
An engaging singer and performer, Jagee has obediently answered God’s call —touching hundreds of lives through her music ministry. When you experience her refreshing blend of inspiring music and uplifting stories, you will indeed be blessed. Having led worship with one of KidzQuest's favorite, Uncle Charlie, for many years, Jagee understands the age group and blends high energy and worshipful music in the most authentic way.
Resources for Church Leaders
- Adult Leaders Guide - available in all packets upon arrival as well as online here. Click here for the first page. Click here for the second page.
- Church Time - There will be two opportunities, about 45 minutes each, to debrief with your group about what they are learning and how to apply that to their daily lives. Resources are available to help plan for this time; however, feel free to tailor this time to best fit your group of kids.
- Devotions - Each child will receive a booklet containing devotion guides for both Saturday and Sunday mornings. These will be in church packets at registration.
- Pre-Arrival Checklist
- Register group online and make sure payment is received within 7 days.
- Print off, fill out and have Pastor sign Safe Sanctuaries Form.
- Collect and keep all youth medical forms and insurance information with you.
- Give participants a list of What to Pack.
- Make plans for when and where late arrivals will meet.
- Confirm transportation arrangements.
- Conduct a KidzQuest orientation meeting at your church for parents and/or chaperones.
- Cover objectives, schedule, procedures, financial obligations, expectations, honor code, and the consequences for violations.
- During the Event Checklist
- Check-in group at the Brown Center between 5:00-6:30pm Friday night.
- Check on health and well being of children. Make sure all are fully participating in activities.
- Arrive to sessions, workshops, meal times and other scheduled activities on time.
- Have at least one adult from your group participate in orientation before the first session Friday night.
- Distribute cabin keys, devotion guides, etc from the Welcome Packet.
Safe Sanctuaries Compliance
Adult chaperones are provided by each church group attending. A 1:6 chaperone/camper ratio is required and both genders must be represented in chaperones if represented with campers.
KidzQuest is a Safe Sanctuaries compliant event and all adult chaperones must be certified. Please include the following Safe Sanctuaries form with registrations. Only one form per group is needed. Click here to download the Safe Sanctuaries form.
Participants at KidzQuest will be sleeping in the cabins at Epworth By The Sea. All beds are twin size. Participants will need to bring their own bed linens and towels (see What to Pack). In most cases, multiple church groups will be assigned to each cabin.
Friday, September 23
For more information, contact Event Coordinator Suzanne Akins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Connectional Ministries (912) 638-8626.