FROM THE BISHOP
JAMES R. KING, JR.
Hello, beautiful people of South Georgia!
This is our last article for the Advocate.
Some of you are old enough to remember the chorus sung at the end of the Mickey Mouse show. It began with these words: “Now it’s time to say goodbye to all our company.” Well, Rose and I are not saying goodbye, but we are at a time in our lives where we are turning to another page and so are you as you receive a new episcopal family.
We will always have space in our hearts for you. We understand that when there has been an investment of love and care in the life of a person, family, congregation, or conference, the heart expands by design to include. You have been so good to us and we are so very grateful for the kindness and generosity we have received from you. Yes, we love you!!
Now you have a new bishop. Bishop R. Lawson Bryan and his wife, Sherrill, are delightful. Rose and I are sure you will love them as you have loved us.
As you look forward to the future with your new bishop, I urge you to continue to be you.
Who are you?
- A conference that loves God through Jesus Christ.
- You are generous and it shows as you continue to give to missions both locally and globally.
- You are creative! Never satisfied with the status quo, you remain open to be led by the Holy Spirit as you continue work on your sanctification. You are always improving.
- You are intentionally inclusive, caring for all of God’s people.
As you share your stories of faith, be sure to share your hopes as well. Help Bishop Bryan and Mrs. Bryan in every way possible.
Now hear God today through:
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Be patient with your new episcopal family as they seek to learn about a wonderful conference named South Georgia.
- Pray for them to do well. If mistakes are made along the way, be quick to forgive and assist.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Matt. 28:19 -20
God has a wonderful future in store for you, so keep loving and serving.
Keep up with each other by reading the Advocate and the Link. Go to www.sgaumc.org often to stay connected.
You will be in our hearts and our prayers.
We will continue to tweet, sharing My Devotional Takeaways,
and I may continue to blog as well. My new email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, God’s will for us is good. We must do the rest!
We love you!!!
James and Rose King