Annual Conference 2018
Jekyll Island, GA | June 3-5
Full Conference Wrap-up & Articles
- Bishop Bryan to 2018 Annual Conference session: Stretch!
- South Georgia churches are Alive Together in Christ through mission, ministry, and evangelism
- Conference members learn to plan, vision, create "Plan on a Page"
- Conference adopts arrearage policy to help stop health insurance and pension debt
- Conference approves one resolution, refers another
- Celebrating Ministry Milestones and Achievements at Annual Conference
- Memorial Service: Remembering those who have gone before us
- Vital Signs highlight ways Conference is Alive Together in Worship
- South Georgia Report to United Methodist News Service
Wrap-up Bulletin Insert
Sermons, Teaching Moments, Addresses
- Opening Worship
- Retirement Celebration
- Memorial Service
- Ordination/Commissioning Service
- Teaching Moment with Claire Bowen: Plan on a Page
- John Wesley Moments: One | Two | Three
- Episcopal Address
- Laity Address
STRETCH - Opening Worship Service Sermon
Bishop Bryan would like to share his outline and notes for his sermon, STRETCH, that he delivered during the Opening Worship Service. Click here to download.
Plan on a Page
Claire Bowen, human resource specialist and church consultant, was the teacher for this year's Annual Conference Session. She spent time with members going over how to put a "Plan on a Page" for their congregation.
Recording of Presentation | Plan on a Page handout | Slide Presentation
Special Offering for Abundant Health (Opening Worship): $29,029.95
Special Relief (Memorial Service): $4,029.72
Ministerial Education Fund (Ordination/Commissioning Service): $2,235.75