In 1900, the people of this community met for services in the Pine Grove School. After the school was destroyed by fire, the people built a brush arbor and held revival meetings led by Rev. Billy Thomas. In 1907, a church was built and named after Rev. Thomas. A woods fire in the community got out of control and destroyed the church. In 1948, the present church was built. The church was renovated in 1977-1978, and an annex added in 1980.