In December 1959, under the sponsorship of Aldersgate Methodist Church with Rev. Harry Moore, pastor, and the Savannah Methodist City Board of Missions, this church began. It was officially constituted on January 24, 1960. There were forty-one members including children. Rev. Robert E. Barnes was assigned as the first pastor. The land was purchased and the first unit began
. By the report to the conference in 1961, there were one hundred ten members, thirty-eight have come by a ce
rtificate from other Methodist Churches with an average attendance of sixty-five at worship service. There were eleven known tithers, eighty-nine members of the Sunday school with an average attendance of fifty-five. The Woman’s Society of Christian Service had 19 members and the Methodist Men's Club had twenty-two members.