This church was organized in May 1956, in the Fellowship Hall of First Church, Statesboro, with 104 families. Rev. Lawrence E. Houston, Jr. was the first pastor. The first services were held in the Marvin Pittman School. Rev. Anthony Hearn was superintendent of the Savannah District at this time. On May 31, 1959, the church was completed. In 1963, when the new Statesboro District was formed, this church was changed to that district with Rev. Gilbert Ramsey assigned as pastor. During the mid-1960s a parsonage was purchased. The church held its 15th anniversary in June 1971.