Conference records indicate that this church was active in 1924, for in that year the Conference Board of Church Extension was helping them build a church. The church is named after Cordray's Mill, a nearby grist mill. The present church was built in 1974 and dedicated in honor of James
Suddereth. Though not a member, James attended services regularly. During his senior year, James was killed when a tractor overturned. Memorial gifts sent to the church were used to build the present structure.