In 1891, 12 people organized the church in a schoolhouse. A year later, a frame building was built at a cost of $1,000. Rev. E. A. Sanders was the first pastor and E. B. Daniels was the first superintendent. In 1946, during the pastorate of Rev. R. E. Liorens, a brick church was finished. In 1961, during the four years that Rev. C. H. Donaldson was the pastor, a social hall and steeple were added. Between 1975 and 1980, stained glass windows have been installed. In 1957, Bellville became head of the Bellville Charge with Sikes MC and Union MC. Bellville was in the Savannah District until the Statesboro District was formed in 1963.