This church was organized in 1903, by Rev. John Bross with 14 charter members. The Presbyterian and Missionary Baptist Churches invited the Methodists to use their buildings to hold services. Mr. J. T. Trapnell gave the lot on which the church was to be built and gave the trees from his land for the lumber. The walls were constructed during 1904-1905 and a ceiling was added a few years later. Several more years passed before the church was painted and the Woman's Missionary Society donated a piano. This church started on the Stillmore Charge but then moved to the Graymont Charge. Services were held once a month until 1915 when the Metter-Portal Charge was formed. Another building was added in 1930-1931, which included the annex and Sunday school rooms. In 1936, Metter was transferred from the Dublin District to the Savannah District, and in 1944 it became a full station church. In 1950-1951, the present church was built across the street from the old church on a lot donated by George Franklin. In 1957-1958, a new parsonage was built on the lot where the old church had been located. A newer parsonage was bought in 2003, and this is also when the church celebrated its centennial anniversary.