On April 21, 1870, sixteen men and twenty-eight women met in a brush arbor to organize this church. The first pastor was Rev. Adams. The church was named for a Mr. McBride. The present wooden structure has been enlarged. In 1919, McBride was on the Bascom Circuit with Trinity, Bascom, Union, McBride, Wesley, Hiltonia, Harmony, and Alexander with Rev. F. J. Jordan as pastor. In 1940, it was on the Hiltonia Charge with Hiltonia, Bascom, Harmony, Trinity, McBride, Wesley and Union.