First known as Bryan Mission, this church, in Bryan County, was organized in 1880, with eight members. For some time, it met in a variety of places including a schoolhouse, court house, and campground. Rev. W.F.M. Conley was the first pastor. Then, in 1903, a wooden sanctuary was built on College and Smith Streets. In 1947, the present brick building was erected. It has stained glass windows given as memorials.
In 1952, land for the parsonage was purchased for $1.00 from the grandson of J. W. Strickland from whom the original church land had been purchased. The parsonage was constructed in 1952. In 1960, the church became a station. A new educational building, containing 3 Sunday school rooms, a fellowship hall, kitchen, and restrooms, was added in 1977 and dedicated in 1982
. Pembroke was voted Church of the Year in 1978-1979 for the Savannah District. In 1983, a new Sunday school class for young adults, called the Abrahams, was organized. During the 1980s, the UMM, UMW, and MYF groups were active, giving fundraisers to help with church expenses and improvements. UMW participated in county-wide study groups for the women. The parsonage was renovated in 1988 and VIMM (Vital, Inspired, Mature, Methodists) for older church members was started. In 1989, the Claudia Sanders Choir Room was dedicated. The church participated in a county-wide Food Bank in 1993. In 1996, the 100th anniversary was observed. In 2007, the "Homebound Buddies" program began to visit homebound members at least once a week.