Organized in 1858, the original members of Reidsville UMC held services in the courthouse until 1885. The first pastors were Rev. W.F. Conley and Rev. J.L. Gilmore. In 1887, a wooden building with two front doors and pillars was erected. It burned in 1908. The present building of red brick with stained-glass windows was erected in 1911. In 1918, Reidsville was on the Chauncey-Milan Circuit, McRae District. The charge included Chauncey, Mt. Zion, Milan, and Reidsville; Rev. J.W. Domingos, pastor. In 1940, Reidsville-Shiloh Charge was in the Savannah District; Rev. T.H. Thomson, pastor. In 1963, this charge was placed in the newly formed Statesboro District. In 1979, Mt. Carmel Church was merged with the Reidsville congregation. Mt. Carmel was organized in 1808, and its first building was 18 x 20 feet of unpeeled pine. Rev. William Eason was their first pastor. In 1889, Mt. Carmel built a frame building. It has been on several circuits in 3 districts.
In 1940, an educational building was bought and renovated. This building was later sold and an addition, containing social hall, a kitchen, bathrooms and Sunday school rooms upstairs, was added to the church. In 1963, a pastor's study and more Sunday school rooms were added. A new roof was put on the sanctuary in 1982. The sanctuary was completely renovated in the late 1980s, by the pastor and church volunteers. In September 2008, the church celebrated its 150th anniversary.
In 1984, Shiloh UMC merged with Reidsville. Shiloh UMC was organized in 1810 or 1812, by Rev. William Eason. John E. Hammock gave the land the first log building was built on. It was part of the Ohoopee Circuit in Tattnall County. The church had the first public cemetery, Old Shiloh, in the county. A white frame church was built in 1889. A larger frame structure was built in 1899. In 1939, Shiloh was part of the newly created Reidsville/Shiloh Charge. In 1952, it became part of the Campground Circuit. The church constructed Sunday school classrooms, indoor bathrooms, and installed heat/air and carpet in the sanctuary in 1952.