In the spring of 1894, a small group of Methodists, most of whom were members of Goshen Methodist Church, formed a church in Rincon. The new church was named Rincon Methodist Episcopal Church, South and put on a circuit with Goshen, Clyo, and Rincon. The group met in the lower two rooms of the home of Dave Joyner. In June 1895, Mr. Thomas Hinely was paid for a lot which became the parsonage, and in November 1896 property was deeded to the trustees for the church. The church was one room, frame building with a small steeple
. In April 1910, the house and property adjoining the church lot were sold to the trustees of the church. Pastors of the Rincon circuit used this as a parsonage. In August 1918, the church was struck by lightning during a Sunday school lesson. The members got out safely, but the church was destroyed by fire. Members met in the St. John's Lutheran church until 1918 when a new church building as completed.
In 1934, the parsonage was torn down and a new one built in the same location. In 1951, three Sunday school rooms were added to the rear of the one-room church. In 1954, a small room was made larger and a small kitchen was added. This became the social hall of the church. Also in 1954, another lot was purchased and used as the church picnic grounds. In July 1961, Mrs. Marie Bird sold more property to the Rincon Methodist Church. An educational building was built between the parsonage and church and 8 Sunday school rooms were added.
In 1967, a new sanctuary was built. The present church building had to be moved to make room for the new one and so members and a moving company sidewalk superintended until there was enough room. The first service was held in the sanctuary on Easter Sunday, 1968. The sermon was delivered by the pastor, Rev. Curtis Tillman. A new parsonage was completed in 1976. The centennial anniversary celebration was held in 1994.