In 1884, Mr. Edward J. Purse deeded to the trustees one acre of land in the village of Marlow to be used as a place of worship for the MECS. However, it wasn't until 1905 that Marlow was organized and the present sanctuary built using timber donated by the Presbyterians living in the area. Known charter members were Mr. and Mrs. B. N. Shearouse, Mr. and Mrs. Dugger, and A. J. Shearouse and family. Among the first to join the church were O. Newton Mingledorff, Jr., and Mildred Shearouse in 1907. Another acre of land was donated by Annie Shearouse in 1918. This church was on the Guyton circuit from 1905-1920, the Bloomingdale Circuit from 1920-1927, and the Rincon circuit from 1927-1962. In 1962, Union Church, the oldest church on the Rincon circuit, voted to merge with Marlow Methodist Church, and Marlow was again placed on the Guyton circuit with Rev. E. Harold Brooks as pastor.
Under Rev. Al R. Crumpler's pastorate in 1968, a surplus government building was bought and added to the church to be used as an educational building. A concrete block building was constructed during the pastorate of Rev. E. M. Phillips to be used as a fellowship hall. The UMW added a kitchen to the back of the church and in 1979 a screened porch was added to the social hall by the Men's Club. In 1984, the church was placed on a charge with Meldrim and Rev. Don Powers as pastor. A wheelchair ramp was added in 1997, and a new roof in 1999. A few months later, part of the new roof was ripped off in a tornado and had to be replaced. Exterior siding was installed, doors and windows replaced, and central heat/air conditioning installed in June 2000. A new well and a new cross for the church steeple were added in 2001. In 2003, Jim Long headed a group to enclose the screened porch of the social hall and raise the ceiling in front of the original building. May 2005 saw the Annual Homecoming in celebration of the centennial founding of the church. During the celebration, the cornerstone of the church was opened. Contents placed by church members in May 1905 were viewed but articles had been badly damaged by weathering and age.