This church began when a small group of residents of East Side, Savannah, met in a little storeroom at 1007 E Park Ave to organize the Asbury Sunday School. Their eventual objective was to organize a church. Mr. C P Miller, a member of Trinity, assumed responsibility for the $6.00 a month rent for the storeroom. On March 7, 1909, the church was organized. The same year, the congregation erected a frame building, holding the first service on July 4. Additions were made during the next eight years and the present building was built in 1922.