In 1897, ten Methodists meeting in the home of Mr. and Mrs. H. C. Morgan organized this church. Rev. Thomas M. Thompson was the first pastor. The first building, constructed in 1897, was struck by lightning and destroyed by fire in 1912. When the first service was held in the new sanctuary in 1913, the entire cost had already been paid off. Originally part of the Eden Circuit, this church has also been on the Guyton and Bloomingdale Charges.