Trinity church held its first service on September 30, 1888, at the home of William B. Biddenback, one of the original trustees. Rev. Thomas E. Davenport took in 26 members on this day. Rev. Davenport was the young associate pastor of Trinity, Savannah, hence this church was also named Trinity. Daniel Jackson and William Torrance donated land on Louisville Road and a church was built. Trinity was on a charge until 1953, when it became a station church.
Mr. and Mrs. Frank Benton donated land for a new church and parsonage in the 1970's. The new parsonage was completed in 1971, and the sanctuary was completed during the next few years. Bishop William R. Cannon consecrated the new church on April 7, 1974. In 1980, construction of a large social hall began and this was completed in 1982, and dedicated by Bishop Joel McDavid. On Sunday, September 18, 1988, Trinity UMC celebrated its centennial anniversary.