In 1918, forty members meeting in a warehouse and office building organized this church. Their first pastor was Rev. M. M. Marshall. In 1925, a frame building was erected, and the present brick structure was built in 1966 and dedicated in 1977
. In 1919, Port Wentworth and Halycondale were a charge with Rev. J. H. Wilson, the pastor. In 1931, it was on Savannah City Mission with Pierce Memorial. It had 126 members receiving 16 on a profession of faith and 14 by a certificate. In 1940, it was a station church with 194 members and Rev. Oscar Bell was the pastor. In 1956 the Methodist Men's Club was organized. In 1978-1979 the church library was dedicated, renovations to the social hall and steeple completed, a church van purchased and the sanctuary organ dedicated to Mrs. John Clary.