On June 12, 1924, the first Protestant Church on Tybee Island was organized. It was dedicated in the afternoon by Rev. Silas Johnson, pastor of Trinity Methodist Church, Savannah, and was named Trinity Chapel. The Savannah Evening Press
of June 12, 1924, had this to say about the beginning of the church: "The chapel had been built by public subscription, the Tybee Beach Co. having given the lot and it will be used for preaching services and Sunday school." From 1927-1939 ministers of the Methodist, Baptist, Christian, and Presbyterian churches conducted services in the pulpit. A group of women of the Lutheran churches in Savannah organized a Sunday school in 1934. Active in the movement was Miss Addie
Gerken, Mrs. Joseph Brooker, and Mrs. Clayton Miller with Mrs. A. P. Solomon assisting with music.
In 1939, realizing the need for a fully operating church at Savannah Beach, Mayor J. E. McMillan, W. T. Knight and Rev. J. R. Webb, Sr., Savannah district superintendent, secured the service of Robert Price, a student pastor from Emory University, to organize the present church. Trinity Chapel was assigned to the Aldersgate Charge and the first pastor was Rev. Leon Edwards. In 1945, Trinity Chapel and the Isle of Hope were put into a charge together with Rev. Tom Watson assigned pastor. In 1946, Trinity Chapel became a station church with a full-time pastor.
Mrs. Maude Brightwell gave the land for the new church and ground was broken on April 13, 1947. The doors were open for the first service on August 24, 1947, and, six weeks later, the building was destroyed by a hurricane. On October 26, 1947, Rev. Vernard Robertson conducted a decommissioning service over the wreckage of the old church. Rev. Weyman R. Cleveland was appointed to the charge in January 1948 and increased membership greatly by 1949
. Improvements were made, a debt was paid and the church was dedicated on June 4, 1950, by Bishop Arthur J. Moore and Rev. George Clary, Sr., district superintendent. A parsonage was bought in 1961.