This church, named for the wife of an early pastor, was first located in a log school 2 miles north of the present site on a hill between Warrior and TyTy Creeks. Rev. Flournoy Clark is probably the first pastor. A second building was 2 miles north and used for twenty-two years before moving to the present site. The 1902 building was replaced by the new brick building in 1951. In 1892, when Rev. J.J. Williams was the pastor of Worth Circuit, Valdosta District, he received a donation of $50 for this work from the Board of Church Extension. Leila has been on several circuits: 1919 - Omega Circuit with Leila, Paulk's, and Crossland; 1931 - Norman Park Circuit with Crossland, Ellenton, Leila, Norman Park, Omega, Paulk's Chapel, and Week's Chapel; 1939 - Omega Circuit with Ellenton, Paulk's Chapel, and Leila.
In 1985, Leila/Weeks Chapel was Charge of the Year for the Valdosta District. During that year the church helped finance the Valdosta District Volunteers-in-Mission trip to Costa Rica led by their pastor, contributed to Vashti's Walk-A-Thon, had a Christian Family Weekend for their Sunday Schools, and hosted a Bicentennial Celebration. Two Stained Glass windows were installed in 1988.