From a union, Sunday school at Mogal, a sawmill camp, this church began March 22, 1891, in Cook County. The Adel Pastor, Rev. J. Shirah, preached once a month; the first building was erected in 1898. In 1902, it was part of the Worth Circuit. In 1924, times were hard. A new piano was needed; so to pay this big $300 debt, the ladies "took to the streets selling ice cream, candy, and cakes." A new church, begun in 1930, was dedicated in 1932. The Woman's Society was organized in 1938, and in 1946, the ladies again bought the needed new pews and pulpit furniture. Classrooms were needed; Curtis Roberts, the Sunday School Superintendent, spearheaded the drive to add Sunday school rooms and a kitchen in 1950. As the rooms were added, a new roof was needed for the sanctuary, a gift from R.H. Robinson. In 1951, the first resident pastor, Rev. Zephoe Belcher, had to live in rented rooms. With the help of the Lord's Acre program, a new parsonage was built and dedicated in 1960. In 1968, the sanctuary was remodeled, brick veneered, and a vestibule with a very special stained glass window added. Lenox has been on the following circuits, Worth, Eldorado, Sparks, Omega, and Hahira. In 1960, it became a two-point charge. In 1998, the church became part of the Sparks/Lenox Charge.