Wright's Chapel was established in the early 1870s, primarily as a family church. Seventeen acres of land was deeded to the church by Lewis J. Kinsey. A brush arbor was built and then a larger brush arbor was built. Then Lewis and his brother Jim built the first little church of pine logs with a peaked roof and no windows. Another larger church was built of logs and sealed inside and out with lumber but it, too, had no windows. This second structure was used both as a church and a school during the week. A third sanctuary was built at the turn of the century. It was a wooden structure with glass windows and this building was used until the 1950s.
In 1952, under the pastorate of Rev. A. B. Leonard, the stewards decided that a new church was needed. Much of the work was done by members and materials were reused from the previous structure and the new church was soon complete. The altar rail and ceiling woodwork in the present church is from the previous sanctuary
. Many improvements to the sanctuary have been made including a shelter in the back, bathrooms, painting, new pews, carpeting and new front doors. The church is now a station church.