In Irwin County, in Bishop's School, this church was organized in 1883. The school was a crude building with sawed log seats and earthen floor. Here, services were held until the frame building was built in 1904. Rev. B. Erasmus "Ras" Willcox, a local preacher, was the first preacher. It was on the Mystic Circuit around 1900, which included Mystic, Irwinville, Pine Level, Wesley Chapel, Georgia's Chapel, Osierfield, and Reedy Creek. Rev. R. M. Booth was one of the first pastors assigned by the conference. The Minutes for 1884 state that the Board of Church Extension assisted Pine Level, Eastman District with $33.20 toward the completion of their building. In 1979, the interior was repainted and new pews and cushions added. The fellowship hall, built in the 1960s, was too small; so it has been converted to a nursery and classrooms. A new fellowship hall has been built, a choir loft added to the church, the building brick, and the front remodeled and paid for
From 1920- 1935, Sunday school was held at 3:30 pm each Sunday. In 1955, the Woman’s Society of Christian Service, now UMW, was organized. MYF and Vacation Bible School were started in the mid-1960s. The UMM was organized in 1979. In May 2012, the church celebrated 129 years of service.