Union services in the courthouse for all denominations began in 1860 and were moved to the
Hansell Hotel where a union Sunday school was started. In 1868, the Methodists constructed a crude building of hand-hewn lumber with some of the first glass windows in this section. In 1901, the present sanctuary was built on the present location with Rev. M. B. Ferrell as pastor. It was remodeled in 1943, while Rev. A. A. Waite, Sr. was the pastor. A modern educational building was completed in 1952 and dedicated in 1954
. In 1965, the sanctuary was completely rebuilt inside and refurbished and a larger entrance was constructed, under Rev. James Agee's pastorate
. All indebtedness was paid in 1967, and dedicated on February 11, 1968, with Rev. A. Ray Adams a pastor. The Woman's Missionary Society was organized in 1892. In the Minutes of 1870, Nashville and
Alapaha Mission was in the Brunswick District and Rev. W. H. Thomas was the pastor. In 1872, it was in the Hawkinsville District, and in 1873 the Altamaha District. It was in the Thomasville District in 1874, and the Brunswick District in 1876, with Rev. B. S. Key as pastor.