This church was named for Capt. Naylor, who was prominently connected with the old Atlantic and Gulf railroad. It was organized in 1870, in a log cabin used as a schoolhouse and is located just south of the railroad line. The first member of the church roll was a Confederate veteran, Riley R. Fender, who was blinded in the Civil War but became the Sunday school superintendent for forty years
. In 1870, when Naylor began, it was on the Brunswick District with Rev. L. C. Peek as pastor. A year or two later, the first church building was constructed on land donated by Mrs. Asa Rooks. The present church building, along with five additional Sunday school classrooms, was constructed during the early part of the 1900s, on the previously used site. In 1957, Stockton Methodist Church merged with Naylor and the Stockton sanctuary was razed.