Norman Park, Georgia, was originally Obe, Georgia. In 1902, the town was incorporated and re-named Norman Park. Methodism is the outgrowth of Old Shiloh Church. The land on which the church was built in 1903 was given by Mr. and Mrs. R.L. Norman. Rev. J.W. Wells was assigned to the Colquitt Circuit in 1903, in the Valdosta District. Members of the church cut the timber for the church. In 1918, four classrooms were added. In 1925, the church was renovated and new pews and chancel furniture added. In 1958, a new fellowship hall and classrooms were added. Across the years they have been repaired so as to keep the buildings as fresh as possible. While the Lamar Glenns were serving here, they felt called to go to China as missionaries in 1917. In 1919, Norman Park was a station church. In 1940, Kimball, Crosslands, and Week's Chapel were on the charge.