The first church was a log building dating back to 1816, which was used for school during the week and community church on Sundays. It was pastored by local traveling preachers and served as a link between Brunswick and Camilla. In 1886, the community began to grow with the onset of a sawmill and with the expansion of the turpentine industry. Mr. F. C. Kimball, a leading citizen of the community, gave the land to build a new church. The sanctuary was completed in 1886 and deeded to the
Methodist Church. Rev. J. H. Taylor was the first pastor and Mr. Jerry Willis was the first Sunday school superintendent. In 1902, a new larger building was constructed with Rev. W. A. King as pastor and Mr. C. H. Hancock as Sunday school superintendent. The Epworth League was formed in 1908, and the Woman's Missionary Society was formed in 1923, with Mrs. Mabel McCoy as president.
A storm damaged the building in 1936. Using the same material, it was rebuilt with the addition of four Sunday school rooms. Rev. J. S. Lough was the pastor and it was on the Doerun Charge. In 1937, Kimball was placed on the Bridgeboro Charge and in 1939 it was placed on the Norman Park Charge. In 1947, a young couple’s class was formed and, due to the increased attendance, a new wing was built onto the church in 1949. A new sanctuary was built in 1965, but the former sanctuary was kept intact and used for the fellowship hall. A new parsonage was built in the early 1970s.