Axson UMC - South Central


History

     In the 1919 MINUTES of the Conference, the individual churches are listed and Axson is on the Waresboro Circuit with Waresboro, New Prospect, Fairfax, Glenmore, Milwood, and Ruskin.  Its building is constructed of wood and is the original building although it sat further from the road originally.  In the early days it had a partition down the center to separate the men and women. It served as a school for grades 1-9 until the 1920s.

Location

Minchew Road
Axson GA 31624