On land, given by R.D. Swindle, a tent was pitched and Rev. F.A. Ratcliff, the district evangelist, held a revival. Five persons joined the church during the meeting and 21 more when the wooden church was buil
t. For some time prior to the revival, the pastor from Remerton, Rev. W.E. Hightower, had been holding services in the Masonic Hall in Ray City. On October 10, 1910, the church was organized. This was replaced in 1955 with a new building which had a sanctuary, three classrooms, and a kitchen. In 1964, Swindle Fellowship Hall was added. A porch and two more classrooms were added in 1973, and three Sunday school rooms and a library added in 1977. Ray City was on the Milltown Circuit (Lakeland) in 1919, with Concord, Ray City, Stockton, Milltown, and Trinity; Rev. John S. Sharpe was the pastor. In 1940, Ray City became the head of the charge which included King's Chapel and Community. Later, Bemiss and Unity were a part of this charge.