Covid-19 Update from the Bishop & Cabinet: Watching carefully the rise in COVID infection rates

Shingler UMC - Southwest


History

The church was started when a building was moved into Shingler from Oak Grove in 1901. The church was located on the Old Shingler Road next to the Shingler cemetery. The church was moved from its first location to its present location in 1917 when the members moved to a newly constructed building due to the need for more space. The building construction was directed by S. S. Kemp, the pastor from 1915-1919. The building committee consisted of J. Dupriest, C. T. Lumpkin, and W. D. Royal. In 1919, the church was on the Poulon Circuit, a three-point charge, but by 1931 it had become a five-point charge.

 

Location

213 Shingler Sumner Road
Shingler GA 31789

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Administrative Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.