During the early part of 1955, a committee was formed to begin work on a new church in Tifton. Rev. W. A. Kelly, Conference Director of Evangelism, brought the Conference tent to Tifton and it was erected on the location which was later to become the permanent location of the new church. In May 1955, three lots were purchased. On May 22, 1955, the first Quarterly Conference was held with Rev. Norman M. Lovein, Superintendent of the Valdosta District, presiding. The charter was granted at this meeting and the name Trinity Methodist Church was chosen. The charter membership of 92 was closed on this date. The first services in the new building were held on Christmas Day, 1955, and the first unit was named Kent Hall in memory of Harry and Mary Kent. The sanctuary was completed and the first service held on March 6, 1960. On November 11, 1979, the first classes were held in the new social hall and education building.