Unity Church is located four miles northeast of Lakeland. In 1926 it was formed by the consolidation of two older churches: Bridges Chapel, dated from 1888, and Concord, dated from 1890. In 1911, Bridges Chapel was on the Pearson Circuit, Waycross District, with Wesley Chapel, Live Oak, Sweetwater, and Kirkland. Concord was on the Milltown (Lakeland) Circuit with Ray City, Trinity, Milltown, and Stockton. From 1920-1926 they were part of the same circuit. A grant of $500 by the Board of Church Extension in 1927 indicated a new building is completed
. In 1931, Unity was a part of the Lakeland Circuit with King's Chapel, Ray City, Lakeland, and Live Oak. In 1955, by a memorial gift from Adelbert Greene, son of Rev. A. L. Greene, in honor of his father, renovations on the church began. In 1956 the abandoned Crisp School lunchroom building and equipment was moved to the church. In 1960, as memorials, a steeple and lighted cross were added. The old fellowship hall was sold and removed and replaced by a new and more adequate hall, completed in 1968. In 1961, Unity became a station church; building a parsonage in 1962. In 1972, two acres adjacent to the church were purchased for a cemetery.