This church, in Bacon County, was built in 1886 by Pete Lee, who was contracted to build it for $100. It is a frame building and named for the wife of the founder, Elizabeth Taylor. This church has been remodeled inside to make it comfortable with modern conveniences. In the 1919 Minutes of the Conference, when individual churches appear for the first time, Elizabeth Chapel is on the Alma Circuit with Alma, Mary's Chapel, Camp Ground, and Springfield. Rev. F. A. Ratcliffe was the pastor. In 1940, it was on the Alma Circuit with Rockingham, Sardis, Martha Memorial, Friendship, Springfield, and Wesley.
During the 1950s and 1960s, several Sunday school rooms were built along the back and right side of the church. During the late 1960s and early 1970s, the church was on the Waresboro Circuit. In 1986, the church celebrated its 100th anniversary and completed a new social hall. In 2002. White vinyl siding and a red metal roof were installed. During the mid-2000s, the central heating and air conditioning were upgraded. An addition, containing a kitchen and restrooms, was added to the social hall and the cemetery was enlarged and fenced. Presently, Elizabeth Chapel is on the Alma/Elizabeth Chapel Charge.