In 1881, Adeline Hall and Graham Davis gave the land for the church and the cemetery. Lemuel Johnson donated the material for the building and also the services of his architect, William Armitage, and his master builders. Armitage, who was English, designed the church using the rural English churches as models. The master builders included C. W. Clarke from Sweden, J. W. Gill from England, and John Welch from Scotland. The Graham Methodist Church was organized around 1885 and the first building was constructed in 1885-1886. The gothic design of the interior of the sanctuary has a pointed beam ceiling and constructed braces made from yellow curly pine. The trimmings were made from darker oak. It is a single wood-framed structure with stained glass windows, hand-crafted altar and pews and a pine floor. Lemuel Johnson's daughter, Marie, was the first bride to be married in the church on December 22, 1887.
Central heat, a new piano, and more Sunday school rooms were added. An education building and second floor were added by Martin Stone, Jimmy Stone, and Robert Sharpe. Robert Sharpe designed and built the connecting stairway. In 1980, an acre of land was donated and a new organ was donated by Hazlehurst FUMC
. Buffalo Throws, a western elaborate feast, was instituted to supplement the budget
. The first "throw" fed 250 people but it grew to 1,800 tickets being sold. In 1989, a new parsonage was built. Seaborn Hall was inducted in the Appling County Heritage Hall of Fame with the ceremony being held at Graham UMC.
In 1918, the church was head of the Graham circuit with Rev. S. W. Snead as pastor. In 1940, Graham was on the Hazelhurst Charge with Rev. T. N. Tinsley as pastor. Rev. A.W. Quillian, Jr. was the pastor in 1946 when Graham was transferred to the Baxley First Charge. In 1962, it became part of the newly formed Statesboro District. The EMC Rural Magazine featured this church in 1982 as one of the prettiest rural churches.