When this church started at Mobley's school, there were too many people to get into the building. Rev. Rich conducted a revival and more than fifty joined the church. This was in 1911, and the wooden church, built in 1911-1912, is still in use. In 1975, the interior was paneled; wall to wall carpeting and new windows installed. The name Mary was for Mrs. Mary Newbern Smith. In 1919, Mary's Chapel was on the Alma circuit with Alma, Campground, Springfield and Elizabeth Chapel. Rev. F. A. Ratcliffe was the pastor. In 1940, it was on the Broxton circuit.