On August 4, 1849, this church was organized. It was the second Methodist church in Appling County. The first building was erected in 1850. Since the building was in bad shape after the Civil War, they built a new one. At the time this church began, the county was Appling and the first work was Appling Mission established by the South Carolina Conference in 1822. Rev. Jeremiah Freeman was the first circuit rider to serve this mission. This church has been on several circuits, but most of its years it has been associated with Hazlehurst Church. In 1919, it was on the Graham Circuit, McRae District, with Graham, Zoar, Hearn's Chapel, and Rocky Branch. Rev. S.W. Snead was the pastor. In 1940, it was in the Waycross District with Hazlehurst and the Statesboro District in 1963.
The present sanctuary was built in 1953 and dedicated in 1957
. Stained glass windows, carpet, and new pews were added in 1970. In 1974-1976, a brick social hall was built, the sanctuary was air conditioned and the cemetery fenced. The steeple was added in 1981. In 2003-2004, new doors and a lighted mural of Jesus were added in the sanctuary and a new cemetery gate installed. Also during this time period, the church had a Disciple class, a monthly fellowship meals, Christmas programs, Senior Citizen banquets, UMYF, Easter egg hunts, and Fall Festivals.