Mt Olivet (Fleming) UMC - Coastal


History

First called Pleasant Grove or Mt. Pleasant, this church was organized in 1768 or 1770. The first building was constructed immediately on land given by James Clark. When a forest fire destroyed it, a second building was finished in 1861. Rev. John W. Turner was appointed to the church as pastor during this time. Both of these structures had galleries for the slaves and, after the Civil War was over, some of those who had worshipped at the church as slaves returned to worship as free men. When this building was also destroyed by forest fire, the present building was built in 1881. In 2002, the name was changed from Fleming to Mt. Olivet.

 

Location

667 Mount Olivet Church Rd
Fleming GA 31309

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

735 Pierce Avenue - Macon, GA 31204

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-475-9286

Administrative Office

520 Professional Drive, Suite 1 - Macon, GA 31201

PO Box 13145 - Macon, GA 31208

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.