This church was established in 1875 by meeting in the courthouse. Mr. and Mrs. Robert B. Crum were in charge of the Sunday school. The land for the church was donated by the railroad company. The parsonage was bought in 1883 and was
used until 1914. The present church building was constructed in 1913-1914. Mr. Henry J. Peagler, one of the town's wealthiest citizens, was a financial supporter of the Methodist Church. During the fall of 1978, the Methodists built a large tabernacle for holding revivals and camp meetings. This open-air building fell into disrepair and was sold to H. J. Peagler and torn down in 1907. A tradition during this time was to host a Sunday school picnic somewhere near Homerville.
In 1945, the educational building was built. The fellowship hall was built and the present building remodeled 1963-1968, the outside of the church being covered with Georgia marble. The second parsonage, bought in 1914, was remodeled in 1956. Homerville was the head of the Homerville Circuit in 1919, with Rev. O. B. Talley, pastor, and the following churches: Shiloh, Manor, Antioch, Argyle, Homerville, and Dupont Chapel.