In 1890, W. G. McConnell and T. M. McConnell, brothers, moved to this area to operate the first turpentine still but there were no schools or churches here. Mrs. T. M. McConnell enlisted the help of Mr. James Lynn who was already the Sunday school superintendent to classes in New Prospect. After getting someone to take his place, he came to Manor on May 31, 1891, and organized the Manor MECS Sunday school with thirty members. The group met in a vacant store until the store was closed and then the group met in a railroad depot. Mrs. W. C. McConnell gave land for the church and school buildings which is where the present sanctuary now stands. Mr. Lynn built the foundation for the church and, in 1893, he went into the woods with his two sons and cut, hauled and placed the large blocks for the church. Early in 1894, the church was completed. Mr. Lynn invited Rev. J. T. Ainsworth, pastor of the Waresboro charge, to preach. He preached one Sunday afternoon each month. On September 30, 1894, the Rev. J. T. Ainsworth organized the Manor MECS with fifteen charter members. It was added to the Waresboro Charge and Rev. John Foye was sent to be the pastor. On April 20, 1896, Mr. W. S. Booth, nephew of the McConnells, was elected Sunday school superintendent, steward, and trustee.
Additional land was purchased by Eula Booth in 1943 and 1948, which was used for the parsonage. The Manor Charge made up of Argyle, Antioch, Cogdell, Manor, and Glenmore was formed in 1941. The UMW was formed in 1944, by the minister's wife, Ms. B. G. Osipoff. The present sanctuary was built in 1944 in the shape of the letter T. It has seating for one hundred twenty-five people and a vestibule at the front entrance. The pulpit furniture was custom built. Later Mrs. W. S. Booth added a chapel and social hall in memory of her husband. An active MYF was formed in the 1950s, under the pastorate of Rev. Freddie Wheeler. Rev. Rentz began the Children's Church which met on Thursday afternoons but is now held during the morning worship.
In 1964, the charge conference was made to include Antioch, Argyle, New Prospect, and Manor. These churches came together as one congregation in 1967, with each of the churches holding a service of different Sundays. In 1985, the church began a community ministry and "Snack and Chat" were held eac
h week at the church with Rev. Annie Louise Johnson. In 1998, Manor became a station church with services held each week. Rev. Mark Mooneyhan was the pastor. Recent renovations to the church include new exterior siding, refinishing the pews, carpeting, chimes, a new piano and roof, and work done in the social hall.