In the early 1930s, Rev. E. F. Morgan was retired and living in Darien. He encouraged Rev. T. E. Pickerin, pastor of the Darien Circuit, to see about organizing a Methodist Church in Midway. Rev. Pickerin began holding services once a month in the Methodist homes in the area. In 1933, Rev. Pickerin transferred and Rev. Morgan was assigned to the charge. Rev. Morgan organized the church in Midway in 1934, with eight members including Mr. and Mrs. R. A. Calder, Ballard Jones, G. G. Lambert, Dr. and Mrs. L. P. Youmans, and Mr. and Mrs. Roger Youmans. Ballard Jones gave land for the church site and a building was constructed in 1935. It was dedicated in 1936. The pulpit in the church comes from Jackson Chapel at South Newport where Bishop Arthur J. Moore did his first preaching. Sunday school was held at night for years.
In 1948, under the leadership of Rev. Bill Sells, the members decided to move the sanctuary due to noise from Highway 17. Mr. and Mrs. Harry Rogers of Fleming gave two acres of land which is now the present site of the church. The land where the original church was located was given back to Ballard Jones. In 1949, the adjoining land was purchased. A house was bought for $1,600 from W. H. Cohan in Hinesville and this house was moved to the new location for $400. This is the present parsonage.
Through the efforts of the Boy Scouts, Lions Club, and members of the church, the social hall was constructed. In 1954-1955, the brick educational building was created under the leadership of Rev. Lee Dolloff.