In 1885, there was no place of worship in this community. Jack Dixon, Ancil Byrd, and Allen Tyre built a sanctuary named Dixon Church. It was built on land where A. L. Byrd's home is now located. The church was organized by Rev. William McDonald. In 1908, this church moved to a more convenient place. This sanctuary was used until 1922. A meeting of the Woman's Missionary Society was held and male members were invited. The current church needed many repairs and the decision to build a new church building was made. The first choice for the site could not be acquired, but the second choice was agreed upon and purchased. The minister chose who would participate on the various committees and these choices were agreed upon. Groundbreaking occurred on Thanksgiving Day 1948. On November 6, 1949, the new sanctuary was completed. Since 1970, the church has seen continuous growth both in membership and physical facilities. In 1972-1973, the interior of the sanctuary was remodeled with new carpet, pews, central heating, and air conditioning. Sunday school rooms and restrooms were added in 1977.