This church was organized in 1888, as Odum Mission. Rev. W.T. Rea was the pastor. The first building was erected about 1890. In 1930, the present building, a wooden frame, was finished. The annex was added in 1967. In 1919, Odum was on the Surrency Circuit, McRae District, with Neva, Surrency, Piney Grove, Bethel, and Satilla. Rev. C.A. Morrison was the pastor. In 1940, Odum was head of the Odum Circuit, Waycross District, with Bethel, Odum, Neva, Piney Grove, and Surrency. Rev. S.J. Brown was assigned as pastor for 1941. In 1968, the Odum-Piney Grove Charge, Statesboro District, was composed of Odum, Piney Grove, and Screven. Rev. Ralph Spivey was the pastor.
In 1985, the church steeple was erected. In the late 1980s, the parsonage was renovated, the sanctuary and office were painted, and a wide cement sidewalk installed in front of the sanctuary. In November 1988, the church celebrated its 100th anniversary with commemorative plates and Bishop Richard C. Looney as guest speaker. During the 1990s, a church cookbook was published, memorial stained glass windows installed, the parsonage was again renovated, a new organ donated and a piano purchased for the sanctuary. In 1999, the fellowship hall was expanded. From 2001-2007, a children's study group, a BINGO ministry for senior citizens, and children's choir were started. In 2010, an MYF was started and new windows installed in the parsonage, fellowship hall, and office.