This church was organized before the turn of the 20th century and its first church was begun in 1907 in a brick building but not completed until 1919, as the members built it and could only work in their spare time. In the early 1930s, the educational building was constructed and a new larger one built in 1958. A steeple, covered walkway and kitchen have since been added. As there was no parsonage, the preacher lived in the T.J. Dixon home and the H.C. Martin home. In 1915, Patterson was the head of a circuit with Rev. C.T. Bickley as the pastor followed by Rev. L.R. Pilcher and Rev. D.A. Cook. In 1963-1964, this church received the Town and Country Award given by the conference, and in 1976 the Pierce County Circuit was awarded the "Circuit of the Year" for the Waycross District.