This church was organized in 1872, and given the same name as the town, as Benjamin Pearson deeded an acre of land to the church. Before the third church was built in the early 1900s, two buildings had burned, one when lightning struck the steeple, the second by vagrants using it for a shelter. In 1956, the fourth building was erected on the same acre of land. Pearson was head of a circuit for many years before it became a station. In 1919, the circuit had Bridge's Chapel, Wesley Chapel, Pearson, Live Oak, Sweetwater, and Kirkland with Rev. W.C. Rahn, the pastor. In 1940, the circuit had Pearson, Kirkland, Sweetwater, Millwood, Axson, and Wesley. Rev. James Agee was the pastor. Currently, the church is on the Pearson/ Axson Charge.