The Screven Methodist Church was organized in 1880, where the Screven Cemetery is now located. In 1902, that building was sold and a new church relocated so that it was more convenient to the church members. On February 14, 1940, this second sanctuary burned down. A new, brick building was built in 1941, and an educational building in 1961, named Grace Hall, was donated by Mr. and Mrs. H. L. Grace. A new parsonage was built in 1949. In 1993 the church was part of the Odum/Screven Charge.