The story is told that a circuit rider came to hold services at the site of this church and no one came, so he called it "Lone Hill." The first building was erected on this site, in Coffee County, between 1848 and 1854; it sat on a slight hill in a grove of trees, and that setting is still preserved, although the present building was erected in the late 1800s. It was moved further back from the road in 1946 and the interior remodeled. The fellowship hall connected by a covered walkway was erected at that time. In 1922, the parsonage for the West Green charge was at Lone Hill near the church. The adjacent cemetery contains the graves of the early settlers to the community. The earliest marked grave is of the infant son of Dan and Winifred
Newbern, born and died January 4, 1848.
In 1919, Lone Hill was on the West Green Circuit in the McRae District. In the same district in 1922, Rev. W. C. Bryant was pastor of the West Green Circuit. Sunday school rooms were added and the interior of the present sanctuary remodeled in 1946. Sunday school was organized in 1947 as a result of a revival held by Rev. M.J. Wood. Since 1984, the church has been remodeled by upgrading the restrooms and adding a new HVAC system, roof, and siding on the fellowship hall. The church celebrated its 150th anniversary on October 11, 1998.