Brooks Methodist Church was organized with 36 charter members and the first service in the new brick sanctuary was held January 2, 1955, with Bishop Arthur J. Moore speaking to an overflow congregation. The pews and lectern were donated by Trinity Methodist Church, Waycross. In 1955, the W.S.C.S. and a Men's Club were organized. In 1956, a Methodist Youth Fellowship was organized. The name was changed to Brooks Memorial after the deaths of Rev. J.C. G. and Mrs. Brooks. The first Church School Annex was started in 1958. The newer annex, completed in 1971, added six classrooms, restrooms, church office, and the pastor's study. The sanctuary building was also remodeled in 1971 with new pews, carpeting, and pulpit furniture. A new organ was donated and M.Y.F. raised funds for the piano. The parsonage, purchased in 1960, was remodeled in 1971-1972. In 1974 the original Church School Annex was converted to a Fellowship Hall. In 1975, a large parking lot area was paved with financial assistance from the Kingdom Builder's Club of South Georgia. The Church was Church of the Year for the Waycross District in 1978-1979.