The Sunday school was organized in what was then known as Pine View at the home of Mr. and Mrs. L. S. Taylor's property with Mr. Taylor as first superintendent and Mr. C. C. Buckannan furnishing the literature for the first quarter. In 1906, the Sunday school moved to a one-room school building and, in 1909, the church was organized under the direction of Rev. J. W. Lilly, then serving the old Deenwood Charge. The name was changed from Deenwood to Hebardville due to the name of the community and the Hebard Cypress Company. Charter members included Mrs. W. M. Brewer, S. F. Brewer, and Eugenia Brewer Thaxton. Mr. and Mrs. R. M. Lewis gave the property on which the present building stands in 1910, and the first worship services were held on November 20, 1910. The parsonage was built in 1922, through the loyal efforts of the charge and occupied first by Rev. R. F. Owens Family. In January 1928, the Woman's Missionary Society was organized and the sanctuary was remodeled in 1935, under the pastorate of Rev. J. W. Hayes, being completed in 1938.
In 1956, this church became a station church. Sunday school rooms were built in the 1950s, and a new kitchen and two restrooms were added in 1961. During 1962-1963, improvements were made to the sanctuary with hardwood flooring being added, the choir loft enlarged, new pews and pulpit chairs donated, and a cement floor poured for the porch. In 1966, Mrs. Della Campbell gave three lots for the purpose of building the new parsonage. The parsonage was started and finished in 1966 and occupied by Rev. John Clements and family
. During the years of 1964-1966, Hebardville helped to support a missionary family in the Congo and supported the Waycross District Youth Work Teams to Costa Rica by sending Bill Dowling in 1968, and financially contributing in 1969. During the late 1960s, termite damage was discovered in the sanctuary which led to extensive remodeling including painting and carpet.