In 1890, this church was organized as Corinth during services in the old James schoolhouse. Rev. M. C. Austin was the first pastor. The four families that became charter members are the Davis family, McVeigh family, Strickland family, and Williams’s family. The first person to unite with the church in a profession of faith was Miss Ella Lee Mills who was baptized on March 31, 1895. The first marriage recorded by Pastor Austin was that of Mr. O. G. Medlin to Miss M. E. Crosby on October 7, 1894. The first infants were baptized on August 27, 1898. In November 1912, the new church was built where the parsonage now stands. In 1919, it was a part of the Hebardville Circuit with Rev. J. C. Jones as pastor and the following churches: Hebardville, Deanwood, and Heyward. In 1931, it was on the Hebardville Charge as Jamestown with Deanwood, Hebardville, Ruskin, and Gilchrist Park. Rev. C. B. Ray was the pastor.
The present building was built in 1956, and classrooms with a fellowship hall were added. A new parsonage was built in 1976. In 1956, Jamestown became a station church. E. N. Bazemore served as secretary and treasurer of the Sunday school for forty-two years and never missed a Sunday. On June 17, 2007, Rev. Beth Bevill-White was assigned to this church as the first female pastor.